Mon March 15 10:20 am 2021 in category Company news
Nokian Tyres’ Corporate Sustainability Report 2020 has been published
Nokian Tyres plc Company Release March 15, 2021 at 10:20 a.m.
Nokian Tyres has published its Corporate Sustainability Report 2020 at nokiantyres.com/company/sustainability/.
Nokian Tyres reached several sustainability milestones in 2020:
- Nokian Tyres was the first tire company to have its emissions reduction targets approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
- Our new factory in the US received LEED v4 Silver certification for green building.
- 100% of all waste was recycled in Finland, and 99% in Russia and in the US.
- Our injury frequency rate LTIF has dropped 73% from 2015.
- We have lowered the rolling resistance of our tires by 8.5% on average since 2013, which means less fuel and less CO2 emissions.
The Corporate Sustainability Report 2020 has been prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards, and it has been assured by an independent third party. The Corporate Sustainability Report describes Nokian Tyres’ work on sustainability actions in 2020 in terms of product liability and safety as well as social, economic, and environmental responsibility.
The Corporate Sustainability Report is also attached to this release as a PDF file.
Nokian Tyres plc
SVP, Corporate Communications and Investor Relations
Additional information: Tarja Kuittinen, Corporate Communications Manager, tel. +358 10 401 7912